Monday, April 20, 2009

A change, a change, will do you good...

So at the doctor's clinic the other day for my one month post-LASIK op check up :-

Doctor, my left eye hurts.
Hmm..maybe there is some inflammation. Let me check.
*checks both eyes*
Nope, no inflammation. Maybe you have just been overusing your eyes. Don't read too much. Every time you read something, make sure you rest your eyes after an hour.
I have been reading too much?
Yes, be like me, After every hour, I look out the windows and check out my chickens.
*both of us look out the window for the chickens*
Eh, today my chickens have not made an appearance. So anyway, I am not saying that you have to look at chickens,I am saying that you must make sure you rest your eyes.
Well, I guess I may have been reading a lot.(did not reveal what I have been reading a lot of)
Yeah, sometimes you get so caught up in work, and the next thing you know, its night time and you have been working way too hard.
ME? Work TOO HARD? I dont think so-la Doc.

At this point the doctor laughs uncontrollably (as if he knew that I was speaking the truth about not working hard)

*_*

Later in the day, I went for my three month post hair cut update at my usual salon :-

I want to dye my hair. Its WAY to copper now.
Ok, what colour are you thinking of?
Dark brown la. Just follow my natural hair colour I guess. Cos, in pictures my hair looks SUPER blonde. Damn Ah Lian wei.

(At this point, a shampoo boy standing nearby laughs uncontrollably)

*shoot death stare at shampoo boy* and continue talking:-
Anyway, I think dark brown will be good, black cannot la. Cos if too black people will also say I am from China.

*shampoo boy bursts out laughing again*

WHAT THE HECK MAN?
(Gelak skali cukup la, NOOOO, gelak sampai terbahak bahak! Cis!)

Anyway, I am happy to report, my hair looks MIGHTY FINE(to me *ahem*). Though the BF had a look of shock (not horror thank gawd) when I opened the door and swish swished into the house.

YOU HATE MY HAIR?!
No No, It's just....different.
YOU HATE MY HAIR!
No, I love it. It's just that you have always had...light coloured hair. And now..its..erm...DIFFERENT.

So us women use the word "Different" when we do not know what else to say when someone you love and care for dearly turns up in a horror frock and it is SO super fugly, the only nice word you can think of using is DIFFERENT.

I am HOPING, beyond HOPE that the BF does not think like a woman in this scenario.

*_*





1 comment:

  1. Muahauhauhauhauh!! You can really kill my Monday blues la babe!

    ReplyDelete