Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why your England so not powderful?

I wonder.

I wonder why all the girls on Malaysian Dreamgirls have atrocious English. If you do not believe me, you can click here and see for yourselves.

I am not saying that my English is fantastic or that my grammar is out of this world but I would think that if we were looking for a DREAMGIRL, it would be a whole package. Not just a pretty face, or a knock your socks off body and a dazzling smile. But a whole package. Personality, character and of course language skills.

Sure, they say some of the contestants can shoot 'em dead in Chinese. But hello? This show is not in the Chinese language ok? If they want to speak Chinese flawlessly, they ought to have entered the show which they premiered donkey years ago- I think it was called " I want to be a Model"
(which has to be uttered as such " Ah want to bi eh Mohdoul")

Frankly, I am not a big follower of the show but every once in a while I take a peek at the episodes and am never pleasantly surprised. It is still the same stupid random shots of them eating, fighting, taking photos, talking on the phone and introducing food.
"Theeesee is Shahhken/Sturred Flappe" (This is shaken /stirred frappe or something along those lines)

And of course, somehow the producers also find it appropriate to capitalise on a "controversy" about one of the contestant's boyfriend who is deemed by many not to be an "ah beng". The controversy being she is "ah lian" and hence should automatically date an ah beng.
Well I probably have not watched enough episodes to make a complete judgment call on her "ah lian-ness" but for her to pronounce "AH BENG" as "AH PENG" pretty much convinces me she may just be an ah lian.

Anyhoo, after a little too many episodes, I feel compelled to break into this song :-


No comments:

Post a Comment