Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Just when you think you're fair and IT challenged...

You know you're probably way too puteh if you go off to Genting Highlands for just one day,scrap that, HALF a day and you come back with a SUNBURN.

On both sides of the shoulders.

And what does the BF say to that? He laughs cos he thinks it is cute that I can go to Pangkor every year for CNY and never go even a tiny shade darker, but somehow manage to successfully get sunburnt on a trip to Genting. I told you Genting was a rip-off.

On a separate note, I am petrified that my mother has a Multiply account. About 10 years ago she typed with two fingers and her emails did not have any punctuations or capital letters. But today she has an email and a Multiply account. Next she will invade the cyberworld with Facebook and MySpace. But that is if she can turn on the computer herself.

"I have my own email account now you know?"
"wahlau!So high tech!"
"yeah, yeah the other day I went to the office and I told my staff that I was going to check my email. But then after awhile, I realised that I didnt know how to turn on the computer."

*_*

Just the other day, mum called me excitedly to ask if I had watched Susan Boyle's peformance on Britain's Got Talent. I said I had. She said well, someone sent her a link but there was no sound when she played it.

"Do you see a small icon on the right which looks like a loudspeaker?
"No."
"There is, right at the end of the clip, there is a ..ok ok do you see a Play button on the clip?"
"No. What is a play button?"
"The triangle looking thing?A play button like the ones you see on the DVD player?"
"No."
"Okay why dont you email me the link and I will see what you're looking it and can better guide you."

Mum sends the youtube link to me to which I point out the word Favourites, the 5 star rating and just above it the play button.
After 10 minutes of trying to explain to her how to turn up the volume, I ask her :

"Mum, do you even have speakers attached to your PC?"

And the jawapan CEPU EMAS was :-

"Nope."

1 comment:

  1. YA ALLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!aku dah agak dahhhhhhh..ahahahhahahahhahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete