Wednesday, April 8, 2009

He flies REAL planes?

Some people ask the weirdest questions.

Me waiting for BodyCombat class to begin at 645pm. Membership Consultant RV stands in front of me, chatting. Then he chimes:-

"Hey, what does your BF do?"
"He is a pilot."
"Like with REAL planes?"

(thinks to self) *Well, are there such things as FAKE PLANES?*

The only fake plane I know is this one hanging on TGIF's ceiling.



"Yeah, with REAL planes, whatever that means."
"No-la, sometimes ah, there are girls whose boyF work in some pilot company and they say their boyF are pilots."

(thinks to self again)*what the heck is a pilot company?*

"Urm, I guess so."

At this juncture, my friend JoL was having a mighty laugh next to me. Apparently she was nodding furiously to the "pilot company" statement. Not because she did not understand what a pilot company was (as I could not fathom) but because she actually understood what RV meant by "pilot company".

JoL then chimes "Yeala some of these girls want to show off!"

Show off? What is there to show off? Show off that your boyF is a pilot?
To have a sense of pride that your boyF can navigate a plane, yes.
To feel good that he has a good paying job, yes. (it means I dont have to dig into my own pockets to support him. Yeah, some of you may judge me. But for security purposes, I would prefer that my man can take care of himself financially thankyouverymuch)
But to show off? It's not like its MY job. or that I am the one with the skills to fly the plane.

Seriously, Apa yang nak di-show off kan?
Obviously I am not dating him for his job. If I did, then perhaps I may have the tebal muka-ness to show off.

I wonder if the BF beams with pride when he tells others what I do. As far as I know, when I tell people what I do for a living, they turn their heels and walk the other way. Sometimes they gasp in disbelief that I am doing what I do.

Mostly, they give a grunt of disgust.

How sad is it to have studied for 6 years, gone through a year of "training" only to have people throw you looks of disgust when you tell them what you do?

Very sad. But it's okay. I shall acquire a tebal muka to show off the BF's job. He flies REAL PLANES.

Chewah
.

No comments:

Post a Comment