Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Y, remember how we were friends once upon a time?

Dear Y,

Sometimes I sit and I think of our friendship of 15 years. And I wonder how a simple exchange of emails could have possibly destroyed that friendship. At first, I was saddened by the turn of events. But today, I am just plain outraged.

Remember when we were back in high school when we were merely 13 yrs of age? My mum gave you a ride home after you complained of tummy ache and your parents were too busy to come pick you up. That was the first time I met you. And til early this January, we were friends. Now, we are merely acquaintances.
Remember how you used to be grumpy back in school? And I would just come up to you and ask you what was the matter?And you would grumpily chase me away? Well I do. I remember how difficult it was to deal with your moodiness but that didn't mean that I did not want to remain a friend.

Remember how you called me crying about your live in bf? And how he cannot commit to you? Remember how you complained about his mother and how he is a mommy's boy? I do. I remember talking to you for hours on the phone telling you not to be upset and that don't worry, if he decides to walk away, I will always support you.

Remember when you called me complaining about your housemate? And how she was talking shit about you behind your back? Making sure that all your friends hung out with her and not with you?And that she was just a bad housemate in general? I do. I listened attentively as you complained about her and I told you, that you did not have to suffer her.

Remember how you were angry with your brother? And how he always talks you down? I do. I told you not to be affected by it because you're a grown woman now. Free to make your own decisions in life.

Every time you were back in Malaysia, I memorised your schedule and made every effort to meet you. I made sure I saw you at every opportunity and made sure I knew exactly when you were flying back so that I could make the most of your time here.

And finally,

Remember how you would shout at me for no reason? And I would not say anything.
Remember how you would yell at me if you are unhappy? And I would not retaliate.
Remember how you would complain that I'd rather spend time with my bf then you when all our other friends never made half the effort I made to be with you? And I didn't point it out to you.
Remember?

Funny you don't.

Because after experiencing a major all of you vs me early this year, I think I have finally had enough.

I have had enough of all of you taking me for granted.
I have had enough of being yelled at and called names such as being judgmental and critical when with every step of whatever decision all of you have made, I have been there.
I have had enough of always being the one who makes all the plans and when I don't I am actually labelled a BAD FRIEND.
I am tired of all of you badmouthing my BF when I have not as much as made a squeak about yours. (And I have known your BF longer than you have)

I am sick and tired of it.

And now, just because I told you off about it, you have decided to ignore me and abandon the friendship and convert it to an acquaintanceship?

At first, I was hurt. But you know what ? I don't care anymore.
You are free to find somebody else to be your friend. You are free to take someone else for granted.
Because I rather be friends with people who appreciate me.

Yours,
Me.

5 comments:

  1. u noe, in life, pple will alwaz tend to take advantage on u unintentionally..they actualy came to d phase of comfort n being comfortable w wat they had..i call it comfort zone.. so u noe..ppl..haish.i've been through d same thing.i noe how does u feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. friends come and go. so... at the end of the day sesiapa yg boleh stay with us no matter what happend... haaaa itu REAL friends :)

    sara u pepet busoookkk. (HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA)
    iklan kejap.

    i went through this shit before, so usually i just leave them alone. i wont call, wont sms wont leave wall on their fb. why? because i know i will meet more ppl in the future and prolly better than them kan? so why waist the time pleasing their ass...

    but yeah, sometime tu rasa jugak laaa. but lama2 okay. you'll be fine jen. i love you (eceh wah) :DDD


    jen, im going back kampung sabtu ahad ni. nnt i dah balik, i call and if u have time .. pick up the fruits okay bebeh?



    P/s - sara, standby smpai kul 7 konon..ooo g hartamas tak ajakkkk. hahahaahahahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear jen,
    cewah!!! thanks to apam..

    hmm u noe me n syazsy..we both ngam tak hingat ..however thr's certain thng yg bleh buat we disagree..u noe how we encounter d probs..the technics is to bo-layan~!! lantak jer..

    IKLAN x BERBAYAR.

    pam,, kau ni over ar.. semalam standby betul la..kau kat umah kena study..aku jumpa ara n merul pun dh lambat.ni pasal dusun bl esok ar after movie.deal!

    SO Jen, chill babe, go smewhr if u need to do so..trust me u will cme bck w positive vibes n endless spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chewah!So much lurrrveee..:)

    Thanks guys. I needed a little "rah rah" cos losing a friend always feels like shit. But well that's life eh.

    ReplyDelete