Thursday, July 16, 2009

MJ tribute my arse.

Bets friend JoL (who is now blissfully in love. Awwww...) dragged me out of my domesticated mode (clean the house. wash the clothes, hit the sack at 11pm) for Mambo Jambo last night. It was themed "tribute to the King of Pop" (or something along those lines).
So me being sort of an admirer or MJ of sorts, I agreed to go. (I even did my "unleash the moonwalk! Who's the King now bitch!" impersonation to anyone who would look/listen.)

It sucked. It sucked so bad I wanted to roundhouse kick the organiser for wasting my time.
Sure, they had the usual things, the MJ impersonator. The MJ songs. But that lasted about say, an hour at the most.

The MJ impersonator danced on the dance floor. Now, unless ALL of us are of the heights of 5 feet to 8 feet, how the heck do you expect people who are standing a bit further behind to be able to see the performance? So half the time, we could hear cheers, but we saw nothing. Nil. Nada. Elek.

So there we were, almost bored to our wits, feeling extremely cheated by the whole tribute thing which was not, we saw a group of girls being chased away by bouncers. These girls I believe were out for a friend's hen night. (a friend whispered in my ear: girls got the whole idea of a hen night ALL wrong, the MEN should outnumber the women! Here there are only girls!Damn salah!)

JoL was also quick to remind me : MY HEN NIGHT I WANT MEN. PREFERABLY NAKED MEN.
Noted.

So, I overheard one of the girls saying to her friend : "we got a table but they F**king chased us away for royalty!"

I don't get this whole uppity nose high in the air atmosphere in Zouk.

No.1 : Do you think those two or three tables of royalty/celebrities will sustain your club if the rest of the non royalty/celebrity do not turn up?
No.2: Who is the paying customer? Who gives the bouncers the right to rudely and roughly push us around? Uncle, who you think is providing the money for your monthly salary?!
No.3: If you are so blardy rich, why don't you buy your own club? And run it the way you want?
No.4 : And if you are SO great just cos you work at Zouk, wait, why do you have to WORK at Zouk? What are the chances that your waitress/bouncer/door bitch/floor manager salary is way below mine? Blardy bitch asses.
(I do not look down on people because of their jobs. But if you piss me off, be prepared to have me spit in your face.)

Yes, I am pissed. I am pissed because people somehow adopt this perangai buruk everytime they work in a place which is considered "happening" or "THE spot in town". They look down on you, they rudely tell you "if you're not on the list, go line up there!", or they ignore your calls for them to replenish drinks, they push you around if you're in the way. What? Your mother never taught you any manners issit?!Sepak kang.

Note to self: Stay home. All the hassle and the bad manners, horrendous dressing, arrogant displays are way too much and so unworthy!

And p/s: Since when do children who look 16 and dress like they are 25 began swarming the clubs?

I feel so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment