Monday, February 22, 2010

Yes I'm bossy, You've got a problem with that?

What is it about being bossy that people hate?

I'm bossy, but I am not apologetic about it.

Theoretically, if you're sitting in a friend's car and her windshield wipers are screeching, going left, going right, going left going right on a DRY surface, it is logical to yell "FOR GOD'S SAKE, can you stop the damn screeching windshield wiper already?!"

Or, do as I do. I just reach over and turn the damn thing off. Because:-

(i) it is ANNOYING AS HELL to have the wiper screeching on a dry surface.
(ii) repeat above.

Or if your friends get together and sit for hours on end deciding what to eat, where to go, what to do, it is logical to say " Hey, why don't the one who just got back from the US decide what to eat/where to go/what to do?"

Or do as I do. Say "bloody hell. Let's just go here. Do this. And eat there." Saves everybody's time doesn't it?

If friends complain that they never get to see me on my gym days because I am selfish and I allegedly DEMAND that everyone meets after gym, then too bad. I go to the gym because I like it. If you want to meet me, that's the time to meet me. I do not mind slotting myself in your schedule.So I don't see why you cannot do the same for me.

If friends come to me and seek advice, I tell them exactly what I think. I do not sugar coat my words because friends should be there to tell you the truth. If you cannot handle the truth, please go ask someone else. If you want me to listen to your problems, I can of course. I won't judge you if you decide to sleep with a married man, live like a slob, have no career, marry the wrong man, etc, but if you ask me for MY opinion, I'm going to give it to your straight.

Because if you do not like what I have to say, you should know better than to ask me.
Don't say " why do you have to say that? Why can't you just be supportive?"

Of course I am supportive. But it doesn't mean I agree to what you're doing. It is perfectly alright (in my books) to say "I think what you're doing is beyond stupid, but if you need anything, you know where to get me."

If someone hits your friend's car, it is perfectly alright to go up to the drunk driver and say "Look idiot, you're drunk. Pay me, and we will go our own separate ways." That is the only way she got compensated isn't it? If I were a fraction less bossy, she would have had to pay for the damages herself.

If a lawyer tries to cheat me on my loan documents, it's perfectly normal to write a letter to the bank as their customer to give them a heads up on this lousy lawyer. And it is perfectly alright to tell him "I'm sorry but I do not know why you're shouting like an uneducated man when you call yourself a lawyer" while he yells his lungs out at me over the phone. It got him to slash the bill by RM600 (which he tried to con me into paying him).

So friends laugh when they say I am bossy. They make fun of me. But I do not apologise for being the way I am.

Being bossy got me where I am. I didn't lie, cheat, betray people or sleep my way to where I am.

And I think there's nothing to be ashamed about that.

So I am bossy. Live with it. Or get out of the way.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post! So what if you're frank with people? I do not see anything wrong with it. Its just like when some people tell me to wear a tudong and I tell them flat out, "my husband never complained, my dad never told me to and this is between me and god." I think that's right no? So why do people get all pissy just because you tell them the truth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because people just cannot handle the truth! And everyone wants to appear religious thinking dressing automatically makes them holy!

    Dress the way you want. Being true to one's religion is about being good to others. And it's a private thing between you and God.

    ReplyDelete