Friday, October 9, 2009

I should stop being selfish, and start being appreciative

In the last two days, I have been prancing up and down Midvalley and Toyota and accessory shops. The reason as to WHY I needed to do so is insignificant. (told the angry story a million times. am quite tired really)

So, the BF has been faithfully sending me up and down, calling the tow truck, getting the mechanic, lepaking with me at the shops waiting for my car to be fixed and never once, did he complain. He cheerfully went about taking me here there and everywhere while I grumbled, whined and complained. And when at 7pm, I was still sitting at the accessory shop waiting for the man to finish with whatever he started, I snapped at the poor guy (the BF not the accessory shop guy)

the BF: Babe, I got you some water. You look like you're thirsty.
me: No, I don't want it.
BF: Have some babe. It will help you cool down. Its hot.
me *GROWL* I DON'T WANT IT.

And it went downhill from there. The BF then became really quiet and reserved.

The next day, I received a text from the BF.

"One day I will tell you why I am sad."

Cryptic message.

I instinctively knew that he was sad (actually more like bloody upset) because I was an unappreciative selfish bitch the whole of yesterday. All I did was whine and complained, growling and snarling. All he did was bow to my demands. Just because MY car had problems. If it were HIS car, and he growled at me, I would have abandoned him at the mechanic, sulked and said he didn't appreciate my efforts.
When I relayed this story to a friend, he said I was a terrible gf really. That I never took the time to speak to him and understand him properly.

All my valiant efforts to say how nice a gf I was, was wasted on him. He said. "You really could do better."

He's right.

I really can do better.

Here's a man who would do anything for me.
Here's a man who does his own laundry and irons his own clothes.
Here's a man who offers to change everything faulty in my house.(the ex never did. a typical conversation with the ex.
Me: my pipes are leaking!
ex: Oh, get a plumber. Duh. I knew that.thanksalot.)
Here's a man who does not need me to clean up after him.
Here's a man who loves me unconditionally.

And if I don't start appreciating the gem that he is, some chick such as the junior FA who saw him at the airport the other day and remarked "HANDSOMENYA!" might just steal him from right under my nose.

Also, in reply to Flyfreak's post about love. Here's the perfect song with the perfect explanation to his queries.



And here's a song I offer to the BF:-


Love's a funny thing, isnt it?

2 comments:

  1. glad that you realize that you have such a great BF.dont take things for granted yeah.i swear it's really hard to find a pilot who can be as loyal as he is.FA's would do anything to get into the pants.
    being a guy,it's just a matter of you want it or you don't.so yeah he is one of kind.take a good care of him.

    p/s:im diggin the song! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilot and FAs. Tsk tsk..;D
    Yeah, I guess appreciating your partner applies generally.Will try to be better!*fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete