Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You're not a friend.

Over MSN the other day I told a friend that "I think J and I are no longer friends."

He prodded for the cause of that statement and I just told him it was because we're now nothing but acquaintances.

Of course to many out there, friends and acquaintances are terms which are interchangeable. But truly they are not.

I once received a card from an ex's current gf, written in it was :-

" Happy to be an acquaintance! followed by XOXO, Kristy."

If that's not weird enough, about a week prior to that card, she had called me asking for information on the ex.

"Tell me about him."
"He's YOUR boyfriend, you can ask HIM what you need to know about him, no?"
"Yeah, but I want to hear it from you."

Can someone please say psycho.

After that card, I never heard from her again.

See? Those are things that acquaintances say. Those are things that you never expect your friend to do. Not to you anyway.

So when this friend of mine told me:-

"I didn't get you a birthday present because I thought I would seem like a hypocrite for giving you a kick ass gift when below the surface, we're no longer such great friends."
(If you ever need a reason NOT to buy your friend a gift for his/her birthday, this would be it.)

I figured, we are nothing but acquaintances now.

Funny thing is, I don't really care. And it feels liberating.

1 comment:

  1. J ? which J ? Miss J from ANTM ke ?

    and yes. PSYCHO FREAK !

    aptly said tak ?

    ooops.

    ReplyDelete