Monday, December 21, 2009

"Hi, I am a stewardess. Without make up, I look plain, and I am usually dumb."

Over dinner the other day, the BF and I were discussing his friend's new gf, who is a marketing exec. I said that she was really nice and was a refreshing change from the usual unfriendlies he hung out with. And I added that she was quite attractive. The bf then said that the friend, let's call him C, mentioned to him that he can finally see why pilots eventually stop dating stewardesses because it was hard to have intelligent conversations with them.

Funnily, even though I am and have never been a cc, I felt insulted. Obviously because my sister was with an airline for 5 years and she is in no way dumb. I said " Not all cc are dumb."

And I reminded the BF, " you dated one for 5 years you know?"

He then quickly remarks " Oh, yes, of course I did. But you know, with every partner, you upgrade. So, I have upgraded. Much like how you have upgraded to. Ahem ahem." *insert chest puffing action*

In between rolling my eyes and gagging, I told the BF that the ex cannot be as "bad" as he says, obviously cos her face was plastered all over the billboards. No uglies make it to billboards.

"Oh, it's makeup. Without makeup, a lot of them are ugly/unattractive- wan. Like C was saying, he went out with this cc nicknamed JayLo , and dude, he said when she took off her makeup, he nearly died. He said why so ugly wan?!"

And then he continues " Like C's new gf, C told me, when she removes her make up, her face quite plain and uneven."

I then thought to myself, GOD FORBID I should ever date a guy like C who tells his good friend how "plain" his gf looks. Or that without makeup, his gf is one of those people who should never see the light of day.

I guess I'm safe. I'm makeup free 99% of the time. In fact, if it's a good day, I actually comb my hair before I leave the house. And if it's an EVEN better day, I have lip balm (with a tinge of pink!) on. So when I remove my "make up", the bf would be glad to know, I look exactly the same as before.

7 comments:

  1. it's kinda true actually you know.they are days when i wonder,is it Halloween or something today? my the thickness,how can anyone breath wearing that.
    and not all of them are dumb.but i still find it's hard to strike a conversation with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAH! You're terrible! If you're lucky, you may one day meet one with minimal make up and can actually have a conversation with you..;)Or you could date out of the company. I'm going with the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well those with minimal make up is either way too old for me or already married.sigh..
    out of the company is much better.roger me if you find one.i'll let you do the looking since you know my type :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a question..

    R u doin law by any chance? law firm or corporate side of things?

    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fly: Will keep a lookout for ya!

    Beca: Yes I am practising law. Not corporate or civil. (God forbid!)Am doing criminal law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bird,

    Interesting, law firm in kl? which firm? can i assume SKRINE since you fit the description?

    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skrine doesn't do criminal law. And what description is a Skrine description?

    ReplyDelete