Thursday, September 24, 2009

the stupid things I agree to do for a friend

While I was devouring my dinner yesterday, I received a phone call.

I have recently discovered that as I grow older, I have somehow become phone phobic. I hate to have long phone conversations, unless something really important needs to be said. The only people I like to talk to on the phone for long hours are my family and of course the BF. (who is always on panic mode if I do not pick up my phone after two calls because he assumed I must have been mugged and left for dead in some ditch- drama itu my BF)

If not, then let's just keep it short and sweet.

So anyway, I digress. Yesterday at the dinner table, I received a phone call. This one person calls me so often, I may soon have to pretend I died just to avoid her calls.

Me: hello?
T: hello!? Eh tomorrow ah, can do you do me a favour?
M: What?
T: I need you to help me with ( insert stupid request)
M: But why? Then it means I cannot go for my workout la.
T: Oh, if you cannot then I find somebody else la.
M: FIND SOMEBODY ELSE.
T: But there is nobody else.

*_*

M: But you haven't even ASKED anybody else.
T: I am sure there is nobody else.


And while this conversation is going on, the BF is shaking his head and mouthing "No."

M: Oklah. *forlorn*

Today at exactly 9am, my phone beeps.

Text message reads : "Eh, so today you help me with the (insert stupid request asked for yesterday) ok? Thanks!I owe you a meal. "

I may just have to throw away my phone soon. Blackberry Storm or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment