Tuesday, January 19, 2010

F**K you bootcamp elitist!

You know what is more insulting than random people/friends thinking that I am not fit?

It's an overweight person, who smokes and drinks, who just joined the gym and did one week of bootcamp @ bootcamp.com.my and who says to my face "I think you better not come to the bring a friend session at bootcamp, because I will definitely have to do more workouts and suffer because you cannot hack it."

Now, I do not think I am the fittest person walking planet earth. I do not think I am better than anyone else. And I do not think I have enough muscles to choke Ms. Overweight to death without even exerting much energy, but I do think I am fit enough not to be looked down upon.

Sure, I do not deny the activites at bootcamp may be hard. The burpees, the grunts, the running, the flipping of tires, etc etc. And all these at the ungodly hour of 7am or 545am. And in the harsh environment of muddy fields, sun and wind.

Hey, if you think you are great because you did one hour of bootcamp for one week and you hadn't died, good on you. But please, refrain from saying I cannot hack it. Or that I "may think gym is good enough but once you are out there, you will suffer."

Yes, I may. But I think my 5 gym sessions a week of weights and cardio will ensure, after the first one or two days of suffering and adapting to the workout and environment, I will kick you ass so far, you won't even know what hit you.

So, F**K you bootcamp elitist.

No comments:

Post a Comment