Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Evil eye me not.

Ever got an evil stare from someone you don't know?

I get it all the time.

Back when the BF and I were still friends, we partied together with his bunch of cabin crew friends. This one particular girl gave me the evil eye the whole night. I think her being the BF's ex's best friend was probably the motive behind the evil eye.

Anyway, I digress.

So now that I am dating a pilot who used to date a stewardess, I am always, and I repeat always given the evil eye by his colleagues. The you-left-the-ex-for-her? look. If I had a penny for every time it has happened, I would be filthy rich.

I am not too sure whether the stewardess give me a filthy evil look of "gosh, lookit me, I travel the world!" "oh, why are you so dowdy?" or "ugh. lawyer?".

Well guess what? You may travel the world, you may have luxury at your fingertips, you may make more money than me, and you may be more glamorous than I will ever be. But when your company screws you over, who do you turn to to help you out?

Me.

Me who wrote to your company to ask them to remind them about your legal rights. Me who wrote in to fight for your right to work. Me who threatened the company with legal action if they continue with the screw employee over tactics.

Me.

Remember that the next time you give me the evil eye. I may not look it, but sometimes, hidden beneath the unglamorous, underpaid job that I have, you can't live without me or my profession.

2 comments:

  1. alaa babe. cabin crews are mostly bimbos. screw themlah. better educated people like you shouldn't give a hoot to what they think. seriously.

    psst, ur bf 777 ke 747? he he..

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! I just realised you commented here. *I is IT challenged*
    He's doing the Airbus fleet, not Boeing!

    ReplyDelete