Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm sorry I let you down

Over the weekend, I found out that I cannot possible have another job other than being a flight attendant, if I date a pilot.

During a break in tennis (also known as me honing my non existent tennis skills) the BF's friend asks :-

"So, how long have you been with company X?"
"Er, I am not in the aviation industry."
"Oh." (I SWEAR I heard a hint of disappointment there.)

After partying on Saturday night (Note to self: When you are way past the legal age to party, it means Saturday nights are better spent sitting at home or catching a movie)

"Are you with company X or with another company?"
"I am not in the aviation industry at all."
"Oh." (Cue hint of disappointment)

Just yesterday, I met some of the BF's brother's friends.

"Where do you stay?"
"Oh, quite far away from here. You?"
"Cheras."
"Wow. That is far."
"But I think from Cheras to the airport its the same distance from where you stay to airport."
"I work in PJ."

*confuzzled (confused+puzzled) look*

"I am not in the airlines.."

ALTOGETHER NOW:-

"OH."
(and remember the immense hint of disappointment)

I am sorry, I let all of you down for not being in the airlines.

But I think letting all of them down for not being in the airlines cannot compare to letting the BF's colleague's girlfriend down for being the age that I am.

Chick that I have literally just met for 5 seconds: "HOW OLD ARE YOU?"
"Oh, I am *reveals age*"
"Isn't (insert BF's name) only *reveal age*?"
"Er, yeah?"

And as usual, reeking with sheer disappointment and hampa and duka, comes the:-

"OH."

Seriously.

So, I am not a young flight attendant.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

I blame it on the BF I tell you.

Sheesh.

So, for now and until time immemorial, If anyone asks, I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! I don't get it why people would automatically assume that one is working with the same company when you're with your other half!

    ReplyDelete