Thursday, September 17, 2009

Since when did it become a sin to be alone?

I am no spring chicken.

I know.

Next week, I turn a year older.

As I grow older, more people rush up to my face and ask "WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?"
And all these while, while I was with the ex, he never joined me at any family functions. He never joined me at any official functions. Actually, he hardly joined me at any functions at all. But that is another story, today's story is about how, just because I introduced the BF to the family, the extended family, and the friends, now at every function they ask "EH WHY ARE YOU ALONE? YOUR BF- leh?" and then there is the customary.."so when you getting married la?" followed by a wink wink and a smile.

*_*

It's as if it suddenly became a sin to go to functions alone. As if it suddenly means something went wrong with the relationship if I decide to attend a dinner by myself. Or that I am going to die an old sad little woman because I turned up for a get-together solo.

When I was with the ex, we never turned up for anything together. The legal fraternity was of the opinion that I never had a boyfriend. And that I made up those stories to hide the fact that I was actually, deep down inside, a closet lesbian.

So here is a public announcement.

I am not getting married anytime soon. No, seriously, I am not a closet lesbian waiting to be discovered.
It's okay if I am old and wrinkly and nobody wants me. I can live with that. I will just gate crash friends and their families' open houses during festivities. (I have warned them and they don't seem to mind).

Alright?

1 comment:

  1. More than welcomed to gatecrash mine anytime!! Lots of hugs and overflowing love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete