Wednesday, June 24, 2009

hi, I'm puteh and I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!

Yesterday I bumped into a friend (let's call him X) while I was walking back to my car accompanied by another friend(let's call him Y).

While I was yakking to X, Y had, without saying goodbye or see you later, taken off.

When I finished talking to X(we spoke for like 5 mins MAX) , I turned around and discovered that Y had already taken flight leaving a cloud of dust behind. 1/2 hr later I received a text :-

"Already gone. Drive safe
."

Oh, how nice of him to inform me.

So, while I was reading the text, I grumbled to the BF of how rude friend Y was, taking off without even a word of goodbye or a gentle tap on my shoulder to signal that he was going off.

I also related that X had asked me "your date (referring to Y) ah?" and I told the BF "AS IF I WOULD HAVE A DATE SO RUDE AS TO LEAVE ME BEHIND!"

Before I could even finish huffing and puffing, the BF retorts "X does not know you have a BF?"

Here is where my story starts.

What is with guys or girls who are petrified that others do not know they are so and so's bf or gf or those who cannot WAIT to tell others about their bf/gf? Seriously. If I so happen to be with the BF and I meet a friend, I am not going to push him aside and pretend he does not exist. I would of course introduce him. But I am not going to stand atop a hill and yell :-

" I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!HIS NAME IS <>! OHMYGAWDILOVEHIMSOMUCHICOULDDIE!"

I have something against people who refer to their BF's on their blogs/FB/whatnot as "BABY".(Your bf/gf has a name ok? If you want to remain anonymous, then use his initial ke or a pseudonym)
And I especially, hate abhor benci those who update their FB status with "BABY IS BACK!" or "MISSING BABY!"

Dude. I don't care about your bf. Neither do I care whether he went away, came back or is being missed by you. Seriously. If I could, I would stand in front of you and mouth the words "I DON'T CARE" in slow mo and gesture the "WATCH ME NOT CARE" with my hands while slapping you silly with my feet. (I'm bendy that way)

Now, of course it makes sense that I would want the BF to introduce me if I were to meet his friend. Only because I think it is highly rude to talk to a friend and not introduce your date to that person. There is this one particular friend of the BF whom we've bumped into twice. And twice he did not introduce his girlfriend. And twice his gf stood behind, quietly and waited for him to finish talking. And the first time after being introduced to him, he text the BF :-

"Wah. hehe."

EH?

Anyway back to my story.

So, here's what I told the BF, "oh you have not met this friend of mine. How would he know that I have a bf?"

So the BF nods.

End of story.

Actually no, I continue with my story of why nobody actually knows I have a BF. Firstly because when I was with the ex, he never attended any wedding dinners/birthday parties/law dinners/any get togethers with me. It got to a point that people thought I was play pretending I HAD a boyfriend and that I was actually secretly lesbian. And this continued for 7 years.

So when I introduced the BF to a bunch of lawyers at a BBQ which I once-in-a-blue-moon attended, many were surprised that I was not actually, a closet lesbian.

So yeah, I do not announce to the world that I MISS MY BABY, only because I do not FIND the need to tell the world how much I love him, or how much I adore him. Sure, I post pictures of him and I together but I never caption it with :-

"ME AND MY BABY."

jijik la.

2 comments:

  1. You have very good writing style which is rhthmic and pleasing...keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaah so truelah. i also cringe when i hear them say "Baby" or worse, "B".

    ReplyDelete