Friday, November 30, 2012

Oh, everyone has a legal problem until you ask for money.

Everybody has a legal problem until you ask them to pay you some money to give them some legal advice.

Sure, you could send me an email or two with some legal queries. Hey, I have this man who insist that we signed a tenancy agreement when we didn't, what shall I do?
Someone stole some money from my office, what shall I do?

Sure, I can tell you what to do. But when you asks

Can you help me draft a letter to his lawyer?
Can you help me make a police report?
Can you help me speak to the Investigating Officer?
Can you please draft a letter for me to answer to his allegations?
Can you write a letter to complain about the lack of action on the part of the police?
Can you can you can you?

Yeah I can. Just show me where the money is, and I certainly can.

It's not about being money minded ,or "oh you can't even do me a favour".

A favour is maybe a letter or two, a phone call or two. But a few whole months of email after email, draft agreements after draft agreements, police reports etc?

Sorry there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

I truly do not survive only on fresh air and sunshine.

This whole working for yourself thing is shit.

This whole running your own firm is shit too.

                                             This is how I feel on most days in this whole running my 
                                                                                   own firm thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment